A PDF stands for Portable Document Format and users need it to save files in a modified manner and it also makes the process of file sharing easy. They are designed by Adobe Systems. These PDFs can contain data like text documents, emails, images, word processing files, and many more.
These PDFs are used everywhere and easy to share. It also saves storage in your drive. Mainly PDF files contain several numbers pages, it is quite complex to read all the files at the same time, so it is necessary to split PDF files. Before, splitting the PDF file, check whether the PDF is password protected or not.
Reasons for Splitting PDF Files
Users have large PDF files that require division of the files separately. In some cases, there is a need to share limited pages from large PDFs to any email client, the users need to break PDF files. Sometimes in the professional work area, users require some information that is from the few pages of large PDF files and they have to search that PDF file.
Also Read: Reduce Large Size Outlook PST Files
Manual Methods to Split PDF Files
Here are some methods to separate PDF files into multiple pages
Method 1: By using Acrobat Pro DC
- Open the PDF file in Acrobat Adobe Pro which you want to split.
- In the Adobe application, go to the toolbar and click on the Views tab.
- Next in the Tools menu, go to сombine PDF files online Organize Pages and hit Open.
- In the Organize Pages Window, the Thumbnails of PDF pages is shown with various option.
- Now, in the menu bar, recheck the http://combinepdf.org/ number of pages you want per PDF split. This is for making sure that the PDF file will consist of a limited number of pages.
Method 2: Separate PDF Pages by Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Firstly, open the PDF file in the Adobe application.
- Then on the left panel Go to the Toolbar.
- Choose pages to option from the drop-down list.
- From the Pages menu, click on the Split option.
- Put the number of pages as per choice in the PDF section – ‘Set the max no. of pages to split.
- From the Output option, Choose the combinepdf.org location to save the resulted PDF files.
- Click on the Split button to separate PDF pages into multiple pages.
- Then click OK to exit the PDF utility.
Method 3: Use Preview to Break PDF file
- Open the PDF file in combining PDF files Previewing application.
- Now, choose the PDF files that you want to split.
- Drag-drop the chosen PDF on the desktop.
- This application will divide PDF files into smaller files.
Drawbacks of Manual Method of Splitting PDF files
In splitting the PDF files manually users сombine PDF files online can face a risk of data loss. There will be a chance that it can damage the data of the original file. There are also some issues like some files that can be lost during the process which may contain important data. Users can’t split the corrupt PDF files with this and sometimes the duplicates get merged. Users can split only one file, it doesn’t allow to split multiple files at the same time. The manual process has its limitations and it is also quite complex in use. This method is also a time-consuming process. Users need high technical knowledge to use it.
As you have observed that there are many manual limitations, then you can move to another method as given below for better solutions.